Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm 15 years old and think I have prostate cancer

I'm 15 years old and think I have prostate cancer?
Sometimes when I urinate (usually in the morning), I have a very weak urine flow and my pee just repeatedly pumps up my penis like it's about to come out but it doesn't come out, this happens a few times before it can finally come out.
o I have prostate cancer or some sort of prostate disease? Is something blocked?
Cancer - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Ask a doctor.
2 :
I'm not a health care professional, but I know there are many processes which impede the flow of urine. Prostate cancer takes many years to develop and is usually a disease of men in their 60s or older. Start with your regular family doctor, who may refer you to a urologist. My guess--and that's all it is, a guess--is that somewhere next to the ureter, something is swollen, which presses the ureter partially closed.
3 :
Prostate cancer in a 15 yr/o is not likely, but I understand why you would think that with the symptom you describe. The whole urinary system from the kidneys to the bladder & out, are basically formed from collection areas and small tubes. Kidneys get stones which can get stuck about anywhere, small tubes can get blocked by various reasons, and so on. So don't jump to the worst just yet. Tell your Mom you need to see a doc & why, and get the process started. If your regular doc can't handle it, they will refer you to a urologist.
4 :
You do not have prostate cancer. Prostatic enlargement is a normal part of puberty, when the prostate doubles in size. These symptoms are common in someone of your age but will subside with time, until you are much older and the prostate again begins to enlarge (benign prostatic hypertrophy). That is the point at which you'll have to start getting screened regularly to watch out for prostate cancer.
5 :
only affects men over 40 you may have an infection http://everyman-campaign.org/
6 :
Very unlikely to be prostate cancer in someone your age, its an old man's disease, but you do seem to have some problem and you really need to see a doctor about this.
7 :
Prostate cancer is highly unlikely for a 15 year old. You may be suffering from a bladder infection. Check with your doctor. For more information go to http://www.impotenceprostate.com/




Read more discussions :