Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How fast does prostate cancer spread

how fast does prostate cancer spread?
Hiya, So I'm curious to know how fast prostate cancer spreads? My dad was diagnosed with it last week and he's going in for a CAT scan and a bone test this coming Thursday... so I'm curious to know how fast does this sort of cancer spread? I've been reading, and I found out that it typically spreads to the bone.
I can only assume that it's early stages... any information would be greatly appreciated.
Cancer - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Typically prostate cancers are slow growing. It is not unusual to see a man with prostate cancer for more than 15 years. Usually the older the man is at diagnosis the better they do. Treatment depends on the stage and this cannot be determined until all the work up is complete. Aggressiveness is determined by the Gleason score. If your dad had a biopsy he should know the Gleason score.




Read more discussions :