Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I have a question about radiation pellets for prostate cancer

I have a question about radiation pellets for prostate cancer?
I have a buddy who is about to undergo the procedure. Is there anyone out there who has had it that he can talk to?
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Ask your friend to call the department where the procedure is to be done. They will help him meet other people who have had the same procedure. Good luck.
2 :
when one has radioactive seed implantation they cannot be around pregnant ladies and children. It is a difficult situation, in elevators in public transportation, buses, planes at ball games and such. He cannot hold a child. If a spouse or girlfriend is sleeping in the same bed as that person, they would be very anxious I am sure.
3 :
I'll talk to him but I'll tell him what my surgeon told me. There is radiation, and there is radiation treatment with seeds (pellets), but the only way to be sure is to remove the prostate and test the lymph nodes to make sure that it hasn't spread. Any other way and you are taking a chance that the cancer will come back. I couldn't live with that fear haunting me. It was removed five years ago and I'm clean as a whistle.




 Read more discussions :