Sunday, June 28, 2009

Does having a high psa prostate reading mean you have prostate cancer

does having a high psa prostate reading mean you have prostate cancer?
the first test psa test i took come back 6.3. and i was tested two week later and this time the results was 4.9. and my doctor is sending me to see and urgolist does this mean i have prostate cancer?
Alternative Medicine - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Probably not. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer this past December. My doc suspected it from my PSA acceleration - my PSA jumped from 1.5 to a 2.3. A retest 5 months later showed a minor increase to a 2.4. From what I have learned, the PSA continues to escalate with cancer, not decrease. You may just have an infection. The urologist scheduled the biospy which is not a big deal at all - it fills part of a day, has little discomfort, and removes all the question marks. Due to my age (56), I opted for surgery and had the DiVInce robot about 7 weeks ago. I'm almost fully recovered and functional (viva Viagara). I know what you're going through, my friend. Good luck! Edit: Adding on to Saphire comments - I took Saw Palmetto for over 20 years, and firmly believe it works. Other than the cancer, which comes from different causes, I had a healthy prostate - I had no symptoms. If you do have just an enlarged prostate, start Saw Palmetto and Ginko, both good for this sort of thig.
2 :
The best thing you can do where it does or not is eat plenty of fresh vegetables especially peppers and take beta sitosterol - the active ingredient that is suppose to be in saw palmetto-- make sure it is quality with beta sitosterol.




 Read more discussions :