Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why can't we have blue accents at women's events for prostate cancer awareness

Why can't we have blue accents at women's events for prostate cancer awareness?
I find the pink at NFL events both distracting and extremely annoying. I don't need to be reminded that breast cancer is a devastating condition that needs both research and funding. It the "pink" needs to be, then there ought to be an equally annoying reciprocal at women's events (perhaps a "blue balls" logo or electric blue ice skates at figure skating competition to raise awareness of testicular or prostate cancer.
Football (American) - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sir, you have just made my day and earned 10 internets.
2 :
LOL Double standards suck
3 :
Or Nancy Pelosi with her head up her butt, to raise awareness of liberal stupidity. (Is that an official disease yet?) Wow, 5 thumbs ups? I guess them Libs better close their eyes when the elections are here ;)
4 :
I will fight for your balls. Give me a ribbon.
5 :
I really required a concerted effort to raise the profile of breast cancer awareness. You see, the Congress and many private benefactors kept the funding for prostate cancer much higher than that for breast cancer for many decades. This is despite breast cancer having much higher incidence and mortality rates. Why the difference? Congress and the private benefactors were overwhelmingly male. I'm sorry that you find the pink at the NFL events so distracting. I wonder if the Commissioner found it as distracting when his mother died of breast cancer?
6 :
That's funny AND a good idea.
7 :
Rob B: You've been misinformed. The occurrence rate AND the death rate for prostate cancer in men is higher than the rates for breast cancer in women.
8 :
But that would be sexist. I can't believe I'm answering this, I get into enough arguments about this kind of thing on other sections. To some extent I agree with you. I can't really knock the NFL for supporting the fight against breast cancer. The issue I have is why there is so much focus on one type of cancer to begin with. At this point, who in the heck is NOT aware of breast cancer? I'm actually beginning to wonder if awareness of other types of cancers isn't going down. I do wonder what men who have had breast cancer think of the sole focus on women as well. Yes, men can and do get breast cancer, though it is admittedly rare (I think about 2-3% of all breast cancer cases). I don't want to necessarily stop the breast cancer stuff, I just wish it wasn't a complete and total focus on exactly ONE type of cancer. There are awareness programs for other types of cancer, especially prostate cancer, but they don't have anywhere near the same pull as breast cancer awareness does. People have to change this.




 Read more discussions :