Saturday, October 24, 2009

My dad has prostate cancer I need to know if anyone has gone through this.

My dad has prostate cancer I need to know if anyone has gone through this.?
They say it is advanced prostate cancer and he just found out about a month or two ago. Currently he is going through hormonal therapy to lower his testosterone level. Feb. he goes to get his prostate completely removed. Has anyone gone through this, or knows someone who has and might know how long he has. Im 18 and my dad is my hero.
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
most ppl who have it pass away from old age not from the cancer! I will keep you in my prayers ,..Tell your dad to stay strong we wil be thinking of him!
2 :
Many men get this, and I know someone who had the same surgery that your dad is going to have about 10 - 12 years ago, and he is still doing well. Good Luck!
3 :
Most men get prostate cancer. My dad has it and had his prostate removed then had proton radiation. He had proton radiation because a little bit of cancer was left in him from the biopsy. He is doing good. It's been a year since they removed his prostate and it's been 6 months since they finishes his Proton radiation. The only down falls are, He will not be able to have an erection and might be stuck in diapers. My dad was able to re-train himself to hold his urine pretty fast so my dad and my nephew potty trained at the same time. My dad is 65
4 :
Your Dad is lucky to have you - good luck to you both. Lots of men get this, and when I set up a website for women dealing with side effects from cancer drugs, I was gently reminded by men that they had problems too with these drugs. So I have set up www.after-cancer.com/prostate It is 'live' but needs work - when comments are up do send anything you or your Dad wants to mention. Verite R
5 :
There are other alternatives besides surgery. Please investigate before using the surgery option. What is his Gleason Score and PSA when diagnosed? When was the hormone shot administered, and is it a three or four month shot? Fuller




 Read more discussions :