Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm in my twenties, should I be checked for prostate cancer

I'm in my twenties, should I be checked for prostate cancer?
I have urination problems but they aren't that bad I only go pee sometimes and I drink a lot, I went to the doctor for it but haven't got test results back yet. Should I ask him to do a prostate exam?? Is prostate cancer rare at my age??
Men's Health - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
only if he suggest yet your young yet prostate issues usall start at age 45 ...
2 :
Prostate cancer is rare at your age, but not unknown. If it will give you peace of mind, then have an exam done.
3 :
Obviously first wait for the results, then eventually ask the doctor.
4 :
Screening for prostate cancer comprises the following: a blood test for prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, which is raised in any disease of the prostate; and a digital rectal examination, where the doctor checks the size, shape and consistency or your prostate via the rectum. These screening tests have a role to play in males from the age of about 45 or 50 onwards. There is some evidence that men as young as 40 should be getting tested, but as the screening tests aren't that specific (in so far as they yield a lot of false positives for prostate disease of any sort, not simply prostate cancer), i doubt that screening of men younger than 45 will be shown to be of any merit. In short, no need for a finger up the bum yet.
5 :
you don't have prostate cancer jason... i would be happy to check it for you ;-)
6 :
I wouldn't worry about having prostate cancer... very unlikely you have cancer yet. But don't worry, if you live to an old age you will most likely die with prostate cancer but not from it.
7 :
Prostate cancer is very rare at your age but the risk of having it dramatically increases after the age of 50. Visit http://www.getsupplementreviews.com/mens-health/ so you can learn the symptoms, remedies, and the DOs and DONTs to avoid it.




 Read more discussions :