Thursday, June 16, 2011

Do women participate in raising awareness for prostate cancer

Do women participate in raising awareness for prostate cancer?
How do you do it? I am looking to become the next susan komen charity
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A baseball team in my area had a "Strike Out Prostate Cancer" event. They sold blue t-shirts with the above logo/ribbon on it and all the proceeds from that and concessions went to prostate cancer research. I bought t-shirts for my whole family in memory of my father who died of metastatic prostate cancer in Jan. 2008. RIP Daddy. :(
2 :
Sure do. I have donated to four men participating in Movember. Funnily enough I had to chase them down and ask if they wanted a donation as they weren't keen on promoting it. Are you growing a mo for Movember Sofaking? I'm sure you would be as you are so interested in promoting cancer awareness. Please post the donation site and I will donate for you as well.
3 :
We have the USC Prostrate Cancer 5K next weekend here in Los Angeles. Here's the link - there's a place here to donate to the cause if you can't make it to the 5K....it has a huge cancer research hospital - the USC Kenneth Norris Cancer Hospital. It's only a 60 bed hospital that does a lot of new techniques for treating cancer patients - especially for those patients that traditional treatment is not working or not an option. I'm sure they can really use the fundraising for their research/hospital. http://www.uscurology.com/prostate-5k Good luck.




  Read more discussions :