Friday, April 1, 2011

If you get a 6.3 result on prostate glad test does that mean you have prostate cancer

if you get a 6.3 result on prostate glad test does that mean you have prostate cancer?
i just got a bad test on my prostate gland it come back 6.3.. does this mean i probadly have cancer of my prostate, i have had and enlarged prostate since i was thirty four years, would having prostate enlargment make my score 6.3
Men's Health - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No it means you have abnormal cells. You need to have it taken care of ASAP. Talk to your doc
2 :
Why didn't your doctor explain the results to you?
3 :
A PSA value of 6.3 is usually the result of a prostatitis. Only if the value rises within several weeks, a cancer may exist. My recommendation: take saw palmetto and burning nettle root extract cps.
4 :
Here's good info on the PSA test and what it means. If that's the test you got, 6.3 is just moderately elevated. It doesn't mean you have cancer. Read the whole article for lots of helpful info. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Detection/PSA
5 :
ask ur dr! and I don't think he'll be hanging around Y!A so go and ask him
6 :
A psa level of 5-10 only indicates a 25% chance of being prostate cancer. Above 10 raises chances to 50%. Stay on top of your psa level and keep in contact with the urologist. My dad had prostate cancer a few years ago He is ok now and still watches his level every 6 months. I hope everything is ok.
7 :
I just had a crash course in prostate cancer because I had it. Here's what I learned As the other folks have said, it's a rapid change in your PSA, not the PSA per se. My PSA was 2.3, but it was a 1.5 just a year before. A retest to confirm showed a 2.4. I was recommended to have a biopsy which showed just a few cancer cells on both nodes (Gleason score of 6). The biopsy is pretty easy, and, at worse, your back to work the next day. I had taken Saw Palmetto for several decades - other than the cancer, I had a healthy prostate. It was not enlarged, and I had no problem in voiding. I believe that stuff works! Compare your PSA over time, and ask your MD. Update: I didn't make it clear, but I did have surgery to remove my prostate. I used the new DiVinci robot which did a great job. Recovery is quick, but there are changes. While I still have a full libido and recovering function, I no longer ejaculate - no more wet spot in the bed!




 Read more discussions :