Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Anyone have the robotic surgery to remove prostate cancer

Anyone have the robotic surgery to remove prostate cancer?
my dad is researching this surgery and i am just curious to hear what other people's experiences are who have gone through this particular surgery. Recovery? Pain? etc. Thank you.
Men's Health - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm sorry I have never heard of this surgery.
2 :
The Da Vinci robotic surgery system has several advantages over an open operation. Since it is essentially laparascopic surgery, it uses small holes for a camera and surgical tools. This allows major surgeries to be done without long midline incisions. This makes for quicker recovery times, less pain, less wound infections and faster healing. I've attached a link to their site. I hope this helps.




 Read more discussions :