Monday, November 16, 2009

I am 43 years old with prostate cancer

I am 43 years old with prostate cancer?
I have prostate cancer discover about six months ago i am 43 year old. Wanted to know the side affects to Radiation therapy because I do not want to do the surgery.Wanted to know if there will still be erection along with ejaculation after the treatments.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You are giving zero information about your disease and if you went over your options with your doctor you would already know the answer to this question. There is something very wrong if you are asking this 6 months after diagnosis. Are you single? I’m sorry James I don’t mean to be rude, but you need to get your act together. Most prostate cancers are slow growing and can be managed for many years, but rarely when you are diagnosed at 43. Young men with prostate cancer do not do nearly as well as older men. If you have a shot at being cured now you need to go for it as time is ticking and erections will do little good if you are dead. I suspect there is a communication problem between you and your doctor. You have to have a doctor you can talk to and understand. The treatment for prostate cancer is not the same for every man and unlike most other cancers your lifestyle and sex life have to be taken into consideration. You should also get more than one opinion and I suggest one of them should be from a teaching facility. If you do not live in a big city I also suggest you get treated in one. You have ruled out surgery, but did your doctor talk to you about robotic surgery? If he didn’t you are not with the right doctor. There are going to be pro and cons to what ever treatment you decide on and there will be different solutions to some of them. You have to know all of this to decide what is best for you and you cannot be afraid to ask questions. There is nothing you can ask a urologist that he has not been asked before, that could shock him, make him think you are strange or had not thought of himself. Believe me I know, I was married to one.
2 :
I think the other poster, Denise was right. What have you been doing for the last 6 months? I was diagnosed with PC last year at age 61. I went to 3 different urologists in 3 months. I decided on the radioactive seed implants, known as brachy therapy. Not all PC patients are candidates for Brachy therapy. I still get erections, but semen production is almost completely gone. Radiation will kill all semen production, as will surgery. Surgery also has the risk of incontinence and impotence. Do you know what your numbers are? Gleason score? PSA? Is the cancer aggressive? Have you been to some of the PC websites?
3 :
look for Mrmanspower guide and he sells that very good guide for very little money and that guide will show you exercises on how to regain full erection strenght you should try it so bad.!!!



Read more discussions :