Saturday, December 20, 2008

I just found out my father has prostate cancer

I just found out my father has prostate cancer?
I just found out my dad has prostate cancer but he doesn't want me to tell my 2 other sisters or any other family. I've been very upset since knowing but unsure if I should break my fathers confidence and tell my sisters. What should I do? He has known for 2 years and his wife just told me yesterday.
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hunny let him cool down, && let him find the right time to tell your sisters, it will be better that way. && i will keep him in my prayers much love<33
2 :
It sounds as if your father is beginning to share the knowledge about his illness. Give him time, in a little while explain to him that you feel bad about not being able to talk to your two sisters. Explain that you love him and them and you would like to share with them so that you can support each other. It would be better if he or his wife told your sisters. If he doesn't want to tell them then I would phone someone like Macmillan and talk to them about how you should manage this difficult situation. I'm sure they have met it before! Then you can decide what to do. I hope things go as well as possible for you all.
3 :
help find a cure http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/
4 :
I still have the Prostate cancer after the surgery. My Sister is the only one in my family that knows about it. The others in my family would be more concerned about the Will than my cancer. Sometimes the cancer can be removed and sometimes hormones will slow the growth. Let your Father make his own decisions about telling anyone. This is a very difficult and depressing time for him. I wish you the best of luck.
5 :
I'd be there to support him, but let them decide when to share the news. I'd be very hurt if someone had told my news before I was ready. Especially with prostate cancer and such-it's a very personal and private matter. My father in law has been in the clear from his prostate cancer for a few months now and only shared the news after he'd been cleared for months because he didn't want anyone to get their hopes up. Hopefully your father will be sharing good news with you all soon. Best of luck to you and yours!
6 :
well it could be healing or it could be bad. which one is it? if its going to clear up forget it alot ofthem do. but there are some of them that kill and there is nothing one can do then i would let them know they have the right to know.




 Read more discussions :