Sunday, November 4, 2012

What do these PSA numbers for prostate cancer mean

What do these PSA numbers for prostate cancer mean?
If it was 20 last year and 40 this year. At least that's what he said but not sure what it means, I think he said 20 million parts? he is in his 60s
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If it was 20 last year and 40 this year it means he better get to a doctor and damn quick. I think at age 50 the number is supposed to be around 35 so if he is a young guy there is a problem.
2 :
He should be asking his doctor. A normal PSA is 4 and under.
3 :
Last few years my PSA level was 2 and this January it jumped to 5 so my doctor sent me to a urologist who did a biopsy of the prostate and it came back positive for prostate cancer. I had the most aggressive type. I had a procedure called cryo therapy where the prostate is frozen. So when there is a big jump in PSA levels its best to get it checked quick before it spreads beyond the prostate.




 Read more discussions :