Sunday, February 1, 2009

Prostate Cancer

Prostate Cancer?
I have Prostate Cancer that has gone too far, I was told by my doctor that i would only last six months at maximum. I tried a chinese herbalist as a last resort. I still have cancer but it is two years since the doc told me I had 6 months to live. I get very cold on a hot day and i tire easily, but do you think the herbs are saving prolonging my life.
Medicine - 13 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
have you made a will? can you leave me your money?
2 :
Could be. Congratulations. Doctors have been known to be wrong, and there is alot to be learned about Chinese medicine and herbs. I believe they have prolonged your life and may give you many more years to come.
3 :
I read taking very large doses of Vitamin C may be able to destroy cancer cells, and in some cases completely eliminate cancer from the body. I believe it was scientist Linus Pauling. I think it was something like 5000 mg of Vitamin C tablets daily.
4 :
Dean...what fabulous news! I am thrilled that your life has been prolonged. I think that God has allowed you to remain on this earth for a reason. I don't know much about Chinese Medicine....but am really excited that you are still with us. Best wishes and I hope your health continues.
5 :
I read on this site that cancer is one of the number one cause of death in China. Fu Zhen therapy is reported to protect the immune system from damage and to increase survival rates, sometimes dramatically, when used in conjunction with the modern cancer therapies. Read up about it with the link I will provide. Good luck to you!
6 :
You have to remember doctors are not gods. Doctors told Stephen Hawking he would die at 26- he's now 61. My husband's sister was predicted to die at age 2 of cystic fibrosis-- she died at 26. Just keep fighting the fight, read up on any and all new treatments, and enjoy each and every day you are able to wake up and say "Hello, world!"
7 :
when a doctor says 6 months this does not mean that if you would live longer you that the doctor is mistaken. the doctor gave you the statistical value he has depending on large studies done worldwide. and i think it is in your behalf that the doctor estimation does not fit on you... practically speaking i do not believe that the herbs have any effect...
8 :
Do you by chance take progesterone of other female hormones as well. I do not know your age, but in older men prostate cancer is not as aggressive as in younger men. I doubt the herbs helped unless they contain hormones.
9 :
Please see the webpages for more details on Prostate cancer.
10 :
Even though you're treatment isn't "conventional medicine" it seems to be working for you and that is great. "Conventional medicine" gave upon you so no matter how you slice it you're doing better with your herbalist. I also believe that the mind also has curing capabilities, so keep a positive attitude, and enjoy what you have left.
11 :
Read the cancer information on my page and the testimonials. Let me know what I can do?
12 :
Dean, I would suggest that you consult some medical doctors right away. Herbal medicines can at times create more problems and even allow the cancer to propagate faster. Chemotherapy is geared to killing these cells at different points of the division cycle, and therefor offers a better chance of survival. Why would you not look into these options? I know of a patient who had metastatic prostate cancer, whose prognosis was poor. However, after 15 months they are still doing well with different trials and treatment options. The symptoms you describe sound more like the cancer causing problems within you system. Also, a word to you, never take the opinion of only one doctor. You should always consult several before throwing in the towel, doctors vary person to person and area to area. Some doctors have a myopic view and only look in their own small arsenal of treatments, however oncologists will look at different view points and perhaps suggest new treatments or trials. Whatever you do, don't give up fighting, your family will appreciate it. Take Care
13 :
Doctors are frequently wrong about their prognoses. Glad you are still here! If you believe the Chinese herbs are helping, that in and of itself may be helping if only through the placebo effect, although in a case of prostate cancer that probably doesn't work very well! There may be something in the herbs that are helping - modern medicine has some serious catching up to do when studying some of the herbal medicaments and their efficacy. Good luck!





 Read more discussions :