Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My 52 year old father was just diagnosed with prostate cancer, any recommendations for info

My 52 year old father was just diagnosed with prostate cancer, any recommendations for info?
anybody who has a similar experience feel free to share it with me, how are you supposed to get through this?
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am sorry. All I can say is that make sure you know what stage, grade, etc it is. Please ask questions until you are satisfied with the answer. Hopefully they caught it in time to do surgery to remove it. My Dad had prostate cancer in 2004 and they did surgery. He just passed away in June from brain cancer. But one thing i know for sure is, if your are uncomfortable with the doctor, get another opinion. It never hurts to have another doctors point of view. There are cancer resource centers in the hospital that have tons of books on every kind of cancer that can help you! Good luck. My mom is 57 and has stage 4 ovarian cancer. I have been looking for information too. But try the hospital they have wonderful information. On the internet I think the website they say is cancer.net. Some of those sites you just can't read!
2 :
--- If a serious swelling, but will have to do chemotherapy, but only if a need to abandon chemotherapy and start fasting and urgently need to drink beet juice, the organism will be healthy
3 :
my father has had it for 30 years. he had "terp" surgery. and has his PSA measured by blood work yearly. He's 82 now.
4 :
Go to www.cancer.org (American Cancer Society) they are really helpful!!





 Read more discussions :