Saturday, July 12, 2008

If a doctor said that your prostate cancer is a 7 on a scale 1 to 10 what exactly does that mean

If a doctor said that your prostate cancer is a 7 on a scale 1 to 10 what exactly does that mean?
I'm 19 years old and I found out my grandpa has prostate cancer. My parents told me the doctors said it's a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. I don't know much about this, so any information or websites about this would be greatly appreciated.
I just want to be able keep up with them when they give us more detailed information.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
that means there's a good chance he has prostrate cancer.
2 :
Been there!! When the PSA blood test comes out above 4 and shows increase a biopsy is done. The 7 score is after a biopsy and is called the Gleason Scale . 7 is not all that bad. The age of your grandfather and other factors come into play. Choices are watchful waiting , surgery , radiation ( add chemo and hormone treatment if needed. I elected radiation . There was no pain except going there under the machine for 5 minutes 5 days a week for 8 weeks. Noe comes the part that they do not tell you. Any time for 2 years after radiation you might get radiation proctosis or bleeding from the rectum and/or lymph edema leg swelling. My cancer is gone , my PSA is .036 BUT I bleed and wear depends and take water pills at age 80
3 :
my husband was 7 out of 10. this is pretty advanced. he took flax oil w/cottage cheese. his psa went down to 1.




 Read more discussion :